This article answers following queries:
- How to identify recent parameter changes in SAP system?
- Which tcode is used to identify recent parameter changes of SAP system?
- How to identify changes done to sap parameters after a given period?
- How to view active parameters of SAP system?
- How to determine the date on which sap parameter values were recently changed?
Sometimes, while troubleshooting, we may have requirement to identify SAP parameters that were modified recently.
Example Scenario: Customers might be encountering performance issues (or any other accessibility issue) in SAP system. In those cases, we can check with customers from which date/time they are encountering this issue and we can check in system if any SAP parameters were modified during that time resulting in this issue.
1) To identify recent parameter(s) changes, TU02 tcode can be used.
Login to SAP ABAP system and execute transaction code TU02 which results in below screen
In above screen, we can identify the date of most recent SAPSYSTEM parameter changes.
For example: In the above screenshot, we can determine that most recent SAP parameter changes were done on 02/12/2016 on mentioned host (highlighted in red)
2) If you would like to know what SAP parameters were modified after a given date, click on “Select Period” push button in the above screen (highlighted in blue)
This results in below screen. Please enter date from which you want to know modifications done to SAP parameters and click on tick button
This results in screen, similar to below, which lists date on which parameters were changed, parameter that was changed and new parameter value.
3) If you would like to know SAP active parameters, please click on “Active Parameters” pushbutton on Screen1 (highlighted in yellow). This will result in below screen, which shows parameter and its current (or active) value
4) If you would like to know history of SAP parameters, please click on “History of File” pushbutton on Screen1 (highlighted in white). This will result in below screen, which shows parameter name, latest modified date and its new value